Butternut Squash & White Bean Bisque
- 1 Medium to Large Butternut Squash, Halved and Seeded (or any variety of fall/winter squash)
- 1 Teaspoon Olive Oil
- 1 Onion, Diced
- 3 Cloves Garlic, Minced
- 1 (12-15oz) Can Low Sodium White Beans, Drained
- 3 Cups Low Sodium Vegetable Stock
- 1 Cup Unsweetened Almond or Soy Milk
- 1/8 Teaspoon Nutmeg
- 1 Teaspoon Chopped Sage
- 1 Pomegranate
1. Heat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly oil the cut sides of the squash and place cut side down onto a baking sheet. Bake for 30-45 minutes, until fork tender. Let cool.
2. In a large soup pot, heat olive oil over medium heat. Tip in onions and garlic and sauté until translucent. Add stock, beans, nutmeg, and almond/soy milk. Bring to a light simmer, about 8-10 minutes. Scoop squash and add to soup.
3. In small batches, blend soup until smooth consistency in a bar blender or Vitamix. Add sage and season to taste with Mrs. Dash if you wish. Garnish with Pomegranate seeds for extra pop of flavor and freshness.